Thursday, May 12, 2011

What's the deal with P90X?

I am sure most of you have heard of the at home workout system, P90X. Now, I would agree that 99% of the programs/products sold on TV are complete junk. However, P90X seems to be one of the very few that produce true results. I have had several friends and clients transform their bodies greatly with the program. I have had several people ask me what I think about the program. Well, you know what I told them? I really don't know. I have always stuck to the philosophy that I will never have a client of mine do something unless I have tried it myself first. How could I recommend a program, if I have not done it myself?

A quick story. I had a client last summer who came to me for weight loss. We worked all summer long and saw minimal results. I consulted with some other professional in the field and they recommended giving him a colon cleanse. Well, I have never done a colon cleanse. So yes, you guessed it, I did the colon cleanse first. The cleanse consisted of only drinking cranberry juice for five days! Yeah, that's it! So as my girlfriend was shoving delicious food in my face, for five days I survived off cranberry juice. Well, I got a few things out of it. First, I will NEVER drink cranberry juice again. Second, I lose 18lbs! Finally, I felt re-energized and had an understanding of what it did to the body. So, I went ahead and had my client give it a try. He finished the 5 day regiment having dropped 20lbs and feeling great.

The whole point to that story? I will never recommend or prescribe something that I haven't done myself. So, as a birthday present my girlfriend got me the P90X package. I will be starting it on Monday, May 23rd. I will be keeping track of EVERYTHING! So, look forward to updates, before and after pictures, and much more!

Best,

Doug Spurling
Spurling Strength & Speed
dspurling@une.edu

1 comment:

  1. Did the whole thing, great for your body, I actually was finishing up the program, the first time I met you at FNH. My problem was that is lowered my pushup count because they do less then I do and the kenpo was not vigorous enough. But man yoga x is the best. Also, my push-up sky- rocketed. As for the cranberry thing, how much did you consume a day?

    ReplyDelete